Jewellery contains plating on surface and delicate parts, hence proper jewellery care is encouraged in order to ensure it last a long time.
Here are some basic jewellery care:
- Remove before shower, exercise and sleeping to prevent snagging the chains by accident
- Avoid direct contact with perfumes and chemical such as detergents, body lotions, etc.
- Clean it with a dry cloth to remove dirt and body oils after each wear
- Place it in a sealed bag when not wearing
- Never expose to prolong sunlight, heat and moisture
Body oils and moisture is the key cause of accelerated tarnishing.
To prolong Jewellery and minimise tarnishing, always ensure to clean your jewellery thoroughly to remove dirt and body oils from the surface before storing it in a cool and dry place.
For minimal maintenance options, you may want to opt for jewellery in the Gold Filled material or Steel in Silver over the Gold and Rose gold plated pieces, since silver is free from plating and will not have issues with tarnishing.